Ten Things You Can Do Right Now to Find Your Perfect Mate
1. Start by losing the losers.
If you want to find your soul mate you must be available and not involved with people that aren’t right for you.
2. OK, available now? Next… are you “ready?” Any unfinished business that might sabotage your next relationship? Get it handled!
3. Next, make a list your top five requirements
(non-negotiable deal-breakers) and vow not to get involved with anyone that doesn’t meet all five. Share your list with your closest friends and make them swear to tell you the truth and lock you up if you get off-track.
4. Good job. Now, let’s get crystal clear about this “dating” thing. If you want to avoid the deadly disabled dating traps, focus on these Four Steps for Conscious Dating:
• Scouting (find compatible people to meet- internet, through friends, getting out there, etc)
• Sorting (quickly determine if someone you meet has potential) • Screening (collect enough information to know if your requirements would be met)
• Testing (date a few times and compare the reality with the information)
That’s it… nothing more, nothing less. No “trial relationships,” no fun flings; just these four steps.
5. Get support.
Don’t do this alone. Dating can be scary and isolating, and your friends and family can be your safety net to help you stay on track.
6. Work it!
Most people meet their soul mate through someone they already know, so let people know you’re looking and network like crazy.
7. Be positive and happy.
Success breeds success and misery loves company… your choice.
8. Be the Chooser!
Go after what you want and don’t simply react to what or who chooses you.
9. Be assertive!
If you settle for less, you’ll get less. Ask for what you want and say “No” to what you don’t want.
10. Live a great life NOW while you’re single.
“If you build it, they will come” (from the movie “Field of Dreams”).
Related Dating Articles