It’s Time For My Date To Meet My Family and Friends, What Should I Do?
If you’re letting your date meet your family and friends you must be getting more serious about the person you’re disabled dating. That’s good. You may be a little apprehensive about your date meeting your family and friends because you want things to go well. You want your friends and family to like the person you date and your date to like them. Don’t worry about it! Just be yourselves and move forward with the introductions! Here are some tips and information that may help you when you’re preparing to have your date meet your family and friends:
1) You may want to prepare your date for meeting your family by making them aware of any family traditions or what may be expected by your family. For example, if your family expects on Sundays that everyone in the family attend dinner at your parents home by 5:00 p.m., let the person you’re disabled dating know this.
2) Introduce your date to your friends. Yes that’s right it’s okay to see what your friends think about your date! Just don’t hold your friends opinion to heart if they don’t like the person you’re disabled dating. Ultimately it’s your choice on how you feel about the person you’re interested in.
3) Let your date know about certain family members and friends that may cause or have a prospective problem with your date. You know the family member or friend who does not think anyone you date is good enough for you and their attitude is usually very negative. Let your date know what to expect and that this would be normal behavior for that particular person. That way your date won’t be surprised if your family or friend is negative towards them. This will hopefully ease a potential problem brewing for your date prior to them meeting people they don’t know.
4) Make sure your date will be comfortable or is actually ready to meet your family and friends. If they’re not, then hold off on them meeting them. You want to make sure that your date is ready to take that leap and you don’t want to push them into doing something they’re not prepared to do. Take it slow, you’ll eventually get there. Remember, patience is a virtue!
5) Anything else you can think of to prepare your date to meet your family and friends. Just make sure your date is prepared to meet the other significant people in your life.
Meeting your family and friends can be an interesting and informative experience for your date. It can also be a challenge to your relationship that could possibly be a relationship ender. That’s why it’s important for you to give your date some background information on your family and friends. Think about the two of you, it’s your relationship and you both must be happy with each other. So, follow your heart and you’ll both make the right decision about each other before and after your date has met your family and friends.
Date Palm Torquay
Image by Torquay Palms
This palm tree is growing great and is at the height where it actually looks like a tree now. Shame its growing on a site that may become a car park for a new hotel!