Dating Relationship – Long Distance Can Be Tough
A long distance disabled dating relationship can be tough, far more so then a normal relationship. Trying to connect with someone who is not actually near you is the major problem plaguing long distance relationships. But just because it is hard does not mean it is impossible. Plenty of couples live happily through a long distance relationship.
The goal to making such a relationship a success is knowing how to maintain your connection and bond despite the distance separating you from each other. To help you with this task are several simple tips.
1. Establish communication. In a normal relationship you see each other all the time, so talking is no real big deal. But in a long distance relationship it is far more difficult to just communicate. That is why it is important to establish a means of communicating from the start. Mail is an option, however more advanced methods are advised. Phone, VOIP, or even webcams are all excellent ways of staying in touch.
2. Try to meet up. No matter how much you talk, nothing beats actually meeting up in person. So if at all possible you should try to meet up with one another. It does not have to be huge, if you live close enough then driving up for a few hours would be all that is needed. However depending on the situation you may have to work a little bit more to be able to actually meet.
3. Build a hobby. Keeping your bond strong is important in a long distance disabled dating relationship. A good way for keeping that bond strong is finding a hobby the two of you can share. Conventional hobbies can work, but ones you can do online are favored. Doing something together, even if over the internet, is important in keeping you connected.
4. Surprise your partner. Variety is the spice of life and whether you are together or apart, routines can get dull and boring. It is much harder to spice things up if you live apart from each other but you should still try. Surprising them is a great way to do this. Send them a random gift or something. If you really want to go all out you can pop in for a visit when they are not expecting it.
5. Share “kodak moments”. We all have those times in our life that we really want to share with our loved ones. When in a long distance disabled dating relationship this can be extremely difficult. But if you take pictures and videos and send them to your partner, you can keep them in the loop of what is important in your life, allowing you both to feel connected despite the long distance.
Relationships always take work, and a long distance one is not much different. Although it takes more work it is often well worth it. Ultimately distance should not come between you and the one you love. If you follow these tips and keep your bond strong, your love will last until the day you can finally be together.
Image by etchalon
Related Dating Articles