Dating Do’s and Dont’s – Getting a second date
First Date: Do’s and Don’ts
Remember that you only get one chance to make the first impression.
1) Ensure that you are listening as well as speaking.
3) Maintain eye contact, but don’t stare – this is an agressive act.
4) Don’t spend the entire date talking about yourself. Ask questions about his job, family, friends, goals, pets, hobbies and interests. You will get all the information you need to know if you ask questions and then listen.
5) Don’t ask yourself is the man I want to marry on your first date. Don’t look at her as if she has no clothes on.
6) Be safe. Use your good judgement. Always remain in public and take your cell phone.
7) Make sure you tell a friend where you are going.
8) Don’t get drunk. You will more likely to make bad judgements.
9) Look your best.
10) Don’t give away too much personal information.
11) Don’t talk about your ex. This is the fastest way NOT to get a second date.
12) Don’t be late
13) Be yourself.
14) Don’t act desperate, even if you are.
15) Pay attention. Listen for inconsistencies in the conversation. Watch for bad behaviour. Ie drinks too much, aggressive or confrontational.
16) Don’t talk about your weight and dieting.
17) Don’t talk about your girlfriends.
18) Turn your mobile phone off, or have it on vibrate, but DO NOT answer it.
19) Keep your first meeting short.
20) Be confident. This is an attractive characteristic.
Image by mag3737
More Dating Articles